The next generation of battery technology is here!
Sirius Energy Storage
In our electrical and electronics driven world, batteries have become common and their importance continues to increase with the increased focus on energy management and renewable integration. Historically, the focus has been around chemical battery storage systems which includes the well-known lead acid, alkaline and more recently, lithium ion chemistries which allow for reduced lifecycle costs. Chemical battery storage systems have several limitations including degradation of charge capacity, limited life cycles, narrow operational temperature windows, limitations on charging and discharging rates, explosion or runaway risks and environmentally hazardous chemical components to name a few.
The energy density of traditional capacitors has limited their use as extended duration energy storage devices. This has been changed with the development of super capacitors that significantly increase the energy density of traditional capacitors making them more amenable to longer duration storage solutions. In addition, this new generation of energy storage mitigates many of the issues found in traditional chemical batteries.
Finally, thanks to their environmentally friendly nature and long cycle life, use of super capacitors can reduce costs associated with maintenance, disposal and global environmental taxes as well as reduction in environmental impacts of high powered systems.
Highly efficient with negligible DC to DC losses during cycling.
No capacity or efficiency degradation over projected cycle life.
Non toxic, with no risk of thermal runaway.
Wide operating temperature range of supercap cells.
Supercap cell cycle life and capacity unaffected by high rate of charge or discharge.
Long cycle life – defers disposal cost and mitigates environmental impact.
Total Green and Recyclable Solution (99%).
Solar + Storage
Genset + Storage
Embedded in Pole solutions for
- Solar Street lights, Wi-fi poles, Security solutions.
- Off grid, utilising local site network to communicate with the control/security room if required
- Actively balanced and stable operation at all commercial voltages
- Flat discharge curve (module discharge rate is determined by the load)
- 2% per month self‐discharge when idle and in sleep mode
- Cell level energy density of 70‐80Wh/kg
- Supercap cell cycle life and capacity unaffected by high rate of charge or discharge
- Supercap cell projected calendar life of 45 years and cycle life of 1,000,000 cycles
- High/Low charge and discharge capability
- Wide operating temperature range of supercap cells (‐30oC to 80oC
- No degradation of capacity and efficiency over cycle life
- Works with standard inverters/rectifiers/regulators used with Lead Acid or Li Ion batteries
- Form factor similar to chemical batteries
- 10 year swap out guarantee on the Supercaps if maintained correctly
- Utilises internal Industrial grade electronics
The singular solution for power management
Centauri Energy Server
Stand-alone, fully integrated, plug-and-play platform.
Accepts concurrent input sources (DC and/or AC) with seamless and programmable switching between sources.
Accepts high renewable input without over sizing.
Independent surge load handling.
Plug-and-play connectivity to storage with no additional hardware or software.
Integrated data logging, storage and monitoring.
- Handles torque loads allowing start‐up of motors, compressors, and all forms of inductive loads with surge currents, without over sizing the system
- Accepts 5x – 6x renewable input without over sizing the system
- Plug‐and‐play connectivity to storage (does not require additional battery inverter for Sirius Energy Storage, Lead Acid or Li Ion)
- Handles renewable intermittency by switching seamlessly between renewable generation and storage
- Directly supplies the load from renewable generation during generation hours (does not route through the battery)
- Charges storage during generation hours (concurrently as it supplies the load)
- Plug‐and‐play connectivity to multiple DC or AC generation inputs
- Seamless switching between multiple input sources without destabilizing the load
- Energy blending capability for multiple input sources
- Actively corrects power factor losses to 1 on the circuit caused by inductive and capacitive loads
- Filters harmonics caused by the load Includes built‐in safeties, data logging, monitoring, and control features
- Includes flexible protocols to communicate with and respond to signals from the grid
- Is configurable to work in islanded or non‐islanded modes. In non‐islanded mode, is bi‐directional.
- Auto genset start/stop/control when genset is connected
- Modular and scalable